Help!! Old AASHTO design examples needed 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ING_RCG

Structural
Aug 27, 2019
US
Dear engineers!

I hope that you can help me to find some old design examples that use to be at the AASHTO web page. I know that there are newer design examples but I really need to find
these old ones. I always appreciate the old design examples because some times they explain how to do some things by hand calculations, so I can learn how to do it without computers and check that the computer is doing the things right. On other cases, they have some information that the new ones don't explain plus in some states of my country it is steel used the standard AASHTO.

Thanks in advance!

This is the list of the design examples:

1. American Iron and Steel Institute. 1997. Four Design Examples of Steel Highway Bridges, New York

The below documents consist of a comprehensive steel girder bridge design example, with instructional commentary based on the AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications (Second Edition, 1998, including interims for 1999 through 2002).

Download PDF files:

2. Steel Superstructure SI.pdf (
3. Steel Superstructure.pdf (
The below documents consist of a comprehensive design example of a prestressed concrete girder bridge. The superstructure consists of two simple spans made continuous for live loads. The substructure consists of integral end abutments and a multi-column intermediate bent. The document also includes instructional commentary based on the AASHTO-LRFD Bridge Design Specifications (Second Edition, 1998, including interims for 1999 through 2002).

Download PDF files:

4. Concrete Design Example - US units (
5. Concrete Example - SI.pdf (
Below are design examples for Horizontally Curved I-Girders and Box-Girders, current to the 2005 LRFD Interims.

Download PDF files:

6. Horizontally Curved Box Girder Example (
7. Horizontally Curved Box Girder Example: mathcad (
8. Horizontally Curved I-Girder example (
9. Horizontally Curved I-Girder Example: mathcad (
Below are design examples for State Route 45 (Old Hickory Blvd.)/I-65, Davidson County. This is a 2-span welded girder design on a tangent alignment.

10. Design Build Total (

Below are design examples for I-55/Mallory Avenue, Shelby County. this a 3-span horizontally curved welded plate girder design, current to 2005 Interims.

11. I55_LRFD.PDF (
12. LAYOUT.pdf (

Below are additional design examples:

13. index.pdf (
14. LRFD slab transverse reinforcement.pdf (
15. LRFD slab negative moment.pdf (
16. LRFD pre-stressed beam.pdf (
17. LRFD bent 7 Spread Footing.pdf (
18. LRFD bent 6 pile footing.pdf (
18. LRFD bent 5 cap beam.pdf (
19. LRFD bent 4 column sqare with cutout.pdf (
20. LRFD bent 4 column rectangular.pdf (