Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help on Pipe fitting solutions for solidworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GasDistEng

Mechanical
May 20, 2002
US
I have been an AutoCad user for years. A year ago my company purchased an AutoCAD add-on called Mech-Q pipe. This add on gives you a number of fittings (in 2d & 3d) welded, threaded, etc .... elbows, flanges, tees, threadolets, etc... My company is thinking of making the jump to SW. I've poked around the web and get the feeling that SW-Piping does not have the best fittings library...

Is this true? Are there other SW options for pipe fittings. Add-ons made by other developers? Online library?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Routing is SW latest Piping package. It contains Piping and Electrical harneses. It's all included whether you need it or not. The Pipe fittings I think are fine. They have pleanty of COnfiguratiosn and if you need more you can make them. If you have custom fittings, that's fine too. They are easy to add to your Piping palette parts.

You can Download other peoples files from the web too. check out the FAQ on websites. Also check out and if you have access to the SW website (through Subscription Support) there are other models there too on Piping.

I used it before it was routing and I liked it for the short time I used it.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
3DVision Technologies

Merry Christmas [santa3]
faq731-376
faq559-716 - SW Fora Users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back