Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Help. Piping Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

AN1010

Mechanical
Mar 9, 2016
PH
Hi everyone, I know its too much too ask but can anyone help me with the layout of pipe of this building. its a government building.four storey.. Is there willing to help me? I will attach the building layout later.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you have questions about a good layout, or how to come up with a good piping layout - then show some work, then ask the question. You may get some feedback - but nobody on this forum is going to do your work for you.

You are supposedly being paid to do this, so why should anybody do it for free?

You still have some work on your sprinkler placement. Some areas still not protected. The layout for a system like that is quite simple, if you know what you are doing.

My signature has a way to get my contact info and you can email me. I won't do your work for you, and certainly not for free, but I can provide some assistance.

Travis Mack
MFP Design, LLC
"Follow" us at

You should start delating these circles,they mean nothing.
You should start from a check-list:
1) Which standard do you have to follow? Your client should have told you if they require Factory mutual design, or NFPA, or maybe UNI.
2) You should start by making a zoning, and defining the hazard based on the standard

... After you have studied this two first point, maybe we can discuss together...

thanks everyone for the replies. this layout is just a conceptual and the contractor will revise the layout as per nfpa standard.

I would suggest it would be easier to find the areas that are allowed NOT to be protected. Then review your drawing again.
Basic rule, everything must be covered except those listed in Chapter 8.

Chapter 8 of NFPA #13 has that list.

R/
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back