Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam1885

Mechanical
Nov 13, 2013
IE
HI guys, am completely new top solid edge. So i am looking for some sort of help.
i am trying to create a cutout in sheet metal mode.
i have a flage and have text written on it, all i want to create a cutout of the text.
i am stuck here, seem to be something simple which i am missing out, but as i told you i am new to solid edge so trying to learn
please help me.

also i am using solid edge st 6

Sam

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Did you create your text with a Text Profile command (tools menu, insert group, first icon on the top)?
And the proper font should be Stencil.
Are you trying to do a text cutout over the bend?

And here is also the movie about the text cut over the bend.
If you are using a font like Solid Edge ISO, you will get multi body part. All those letters like 'o', 'd' and similar will create another body. And because of that, you will have problems rebending such sheet metal model. Actually, you will not be able to rebend it.
But, if you use a Stencil font, then there will be no such problem. As you can also see in the movie.

Hope it helps.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=647df764-1864-4112-808e-df2e518b60a3&file=text_cut_over_bend.avi
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back