Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help Removing Datams 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmaturen

Automotive
Nov 9, 2009
US
I am using NX7 and have a drawing that was sent to me by our customer that is covered with datams. How do I remove / hide them? The drawing was originally created in i-deas, so everything is on 1 layer.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is the drawing a Master Model Drawing (the Drawing is an Assembly with the Part as a Component)? If so, try setting the Reference Set to 'Model'.

If not, go to...

Edit -> Show and Hide -> Show and Hide...

...and in the Type column there should be an item titled 'Datums' with + and - items in columns labeled Show and Hide. Just select the - item next to 'Datums' and they should all be hidden immediately.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

If I wanted to be stuck with showing and hiding things I'd go out and buy one of the competitor products that offer few alternatives. But because I use show and hide regularly as more or less temporary filters in working with my data I don't consider them a permanent solution. One of my first instincts in trying to find entities within a file is to show everything. For drawings you need a solution that you can't almost inadvertently override without deliberate intent. That's why I prefer to put different features on separate layers and use visible in view where necessary to maintain the data. This way I generally know that the data will remain robustly as I left it.

Best Regards

Hudson

www.jamb.com.au

Nil Desperandum illegitimi non carborundum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back