Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help rotating a sketch to align with entity...can't believe it can't be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks for the reply, but the Add Relations functions can't be accessed while in the Rotate function.....at least not in SW 2010.

A I say, really surprised if it can't be done....

You wouldn't need to be in the rotate function to do as CorBlimeyLimey suggested. The constraint will rotate (and lock orientation) the entities for you as long as they are fully constrained otherwise. However, in your example you appear to be working with completely unconstrained entities; adding a collinear constraint will most likely cause unwanted changes to your shape (and if the line has no relationship to the others, nothing will move with it). That said, I don't know why you would necessarily need your entities to be so undefined.

OK, thanks for that. I pasted a complex and undefined dxf file into a sketch and was hoping to align it other entities......actually I think someone mentioned converting to a block......just tried it and that works OK. not as slick as DS tho, in that regard.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back