Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with creating a feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavGray

Mechanical
Apr 9, 2020
GB
Hi there, new to the forum so look forward to learning a few things.
I'm having trouble with an abaqus model, I've made a steel pipeline and want to simulate some metal loss due to corrosion on the inside diameter. I have included a picture of the type of feature I want to achieve, but apart from having created a partitioned sketch on the interior diameter of the pipeline I'm confused as to how to do it and achieve the nice edges that would allow the mesh to stay workable.

Thanks for any help

Desired_defect_pjdanw.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

So you want to model such cut in geometry used for simulation, right ? It should be possible to achieve this using extruded cur and fillet tool.

Hi, thank you for your reply. I did try to do an extruded cut, after having projected some edges from my model.

I got some intersection warnings when trying the cut though. I will suppress some features and try again.

Thanks

OK so I've got the cut working and now have the cut feature and it looks good. Trying to apply the fillet though gives this error.....

filleterror_u5qbqw.png

Any ideas?

Get the same error when selecting this edge. (I removed the filleted corners from before thinking it may have interfered)

filleterror2_rejqcu.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back