Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Properties Dialog Box Autocad 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizzy

Mechanical
Jul 2, 2002
CA
Hi there,
This past weekend my computer was reset at work to a new server by the IT boys here.
Today, when I opened up my AutoCad 2002 program to design something, I noticed something weird.
1. All my settings were reset....No problem though, I reset them.
2. This one I cannot figure out though....i.e. if I draw a line and then goto the property dialog box to edit a propertie of that line...nothing...I mean, the values in the property box of any variable does not change, no matter what i try.
I tried looking under the help in autocad, but all it tells me is that if i want to change a property of an entity, all I have to do is choose the entity and change the variable(s) i need to change.

Any Suggestions?
Thank you in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Turn it off. Go out of options. Go back into options and turn it back on. I had a problem where you could pre-select objects and erase etc. It stopped working. I found this one out a while ago! Bit of a pain!!

Hey Spudman,
Thanks for info, but turning it on & off as you described did not do it..but thank you.
As for the pre-select and erase etc...you mentioned....the command is "pickfirst" then choose"1" to activate it and "0" to deactivate it.

I'm wondering if I should reinstall cad...but if I do I am afraid I will lose my menuload setup and icon button i have created over time.

Any suggestions....

when you select a line does it highlight the object, also does the standard toolbar change when object is selected,
just wondering,
also if you do have another profile, then set it current and see if this has any effect.
do "back-up" before, but try to use the "fix" option from the ACAD CD before you delete and then re-install.

i have tried with no sucess to duplicate.

Intel P4 1.7 GHZ
768 RDRAM
Win 2000 Pro
Autocad 14, 2002 with EP 2.3.1

Hi Ozzy,
When I select an entity, whether it being a line, dimension, or text etc....it does highlight (grips) and yes the object properties toolbar does show the change.
The problem is though that the Properties window that i have open and locked to one side of the screen that usually shows all the variables that can be changed does not reflect the highlighted item i have chosen.

dizzy,
did you manage to resolve this properties problem? The same thing is happening to me in Autocad 2000. I preselect an entity, right click and select properties and get an empty dialogue box. If I select delete instead the entity is deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back