Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hems and Miter Gap

Status
Not open for further replies.

maru487

Electrical
Mar 19, 2005
CA
Im running 2005 SP2.0. Is there a reason why the Hems are not creating a Miter Gap? When i change the size of the miter gap in the Hem properties, i can see the preview of the model flicker like its trying to change the gap size, but it never does. The hems just keep intersecting each other. Any thing im missing?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would recommend upgrading to 3.0 first. They fixed a few things in the sheetmetal in that upgrade. If this still does not fix the problem send it to your VAR. I have tried it on my machine and it works fine. Can you duplicate this problem on another user's machine?

Best Regards,
Jon

Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.

Solidworks 2005 SP3.0

I just upgraded and it still does it. Is there something i might need to set in the options? or am i using the wrong feature? I create a base flange using a rectangular sketch, then i create a miter flange on all four sides with a 0.01" miter gap. Then i create the hem on the 4 sides and the miter gap does nothing.

any more help would be awesome...
thanks

can you post a picture of your model so I can get a better idea of what is going on? I have tried what you have explained on my machine and it seems to work fine. What does your miter flange profile look like?

Best Regards,
Jon

Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.

Solidworks 2005 SP3.0

im not sure how to add a picture to a forum. I have tried everything to get it to work and it just wont. It only works if i add a hem to a base flange, as soon as you go to a miter flange the hem overlaps. I have tried it on several computers with the same result. Im pretty sure this is a limitation of Solidworks.

Thanks again.

see faq559-1100 for posting an image. Include your Feature Manager expanded.

[cheers]
Making the best use of this Forum. faq559-716
How to get answers to your SW questions. faq559-1091
Helpful SW websites every user should be aware of. faq559-520

To get the effect you are after, you will have to include the "Hem" in the Mitre bend sketch.

[cheers]

thanks, that works... too bad tho, the tool is there so why not make it so it works... guess it'll be a service pack

thanks again...

Don't hold your breath ... it didn't work in 2003 or 2004 either.

[cheers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back