Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HEPA filter in-situ certfication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FBW

Industrial
Nov 29, 2012
CA
Hello All,

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this issue, as I'm having a hard time finding meaningful information. I cant figure out which body actually certifies a person or organization to do in-situ HEPA filter testing in Canada, nor can i find out which standards organization in Canada actually defines the criteria. I've found some standards in regards to manufacturing, and I've found some documents detailing the test procedure, but nothing from a governing Canadian body.

For example, we're currently paying a third party to come into our facility to do the testing, and approve the filter as HEPA efficient after installation. We've been told that we can't do it because you need certification. But no one seems to know who certified this third party, or what their certification actually is, and whether it's actually regulated at all. Hypothetically, what is stopping me from buying some equipment, reading an ASHRAE or ISO test procedure (or something of that nature), and then calling myself certified? Who's enforcing this?

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back