Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chucks2014

Materials
Aug 1, 2014
NG
Can anyone confirm what manufacturers one can source the Gate Valve with the MESC 772033.103.1

Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Every manufacturer producent gate valves can supply this MESC valve provided they have access to MESC buying description which specifiek the design, materials and additionele requirements.
So when you have the concernonderneming MESC buying description, you can source from every gate valve manufacturer.

Chucks,
I suggest that you use more descriptive titles for your threads than 'Hi All'. That way other forum users will not have to open the post to see what is all about and might also increase your chances of useful replies.

Give us a bit if clue - Even googling this mesc number didn't come up with anything (other than this query)so the 99.99% of us who don't have a MESC catalogue to hand will find it rather difficult to answer your question....

My motto: Learn something new every day

Also: There's usually a good reason why everyone does it that way

Based on MESC, we used to prepare datasheets and issue for procurements! This is what you need to do! MESC description itself is a datasheet. Send it to different vendors to check if they can provide it or not.

Chuck,
MESC is a standard Shell classification criteria. And this is stipulated on the agreement between Shell and its vendors (read: distributors).
Even though I also quite agree that this is a standard specification (some say commodity valves), nonetheless Shell have reason why only qualified vendors are the preferred ones and why the valve should comply with its stringent specification.
This valves among other requirements must be Charpy tested at -50 degree Celcius at 50 Joule. And also have extended Bonnet.
I would be surprise shall you submit your quotation to random producer (which may consist let say less than 10 Valves), they would comply to it.
My experience is that the valve would be somehow deviated from one or several points from its spec. Thus, subjected for rejection by Inspection department.

There are many reason why the specification is there, and often considered as not important points by random manufacturer. Only Valve Engineer on the Plant who deal with it on daily basis who have sense of the requirements (especially at Complex refinery).
Suggestion is to consult with Shell distributors or Shell personnel itself.
Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back