Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi Guys, How to design the

Status
Not open for further replies.

all2win

Chemical
Aug 3, 2002
SA
Hi Guys,
How to design the steam saturator? Or How the volume of the steam saturator is found out for LP Aand HP steam?.Any ideas?
thanx,
Alwin

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Steam saturator? I'm not sure what equipment you are talking about.

This is what I have found about a saturator:

"For simple, small systems, dry, saturated steam is generally acceptable. There are three methods for desuperheating: --Direct-contact saturation with water. --Indirect cooling. --Controlled cooling by direct contact with water. The first alternative is used when dry, saturated steam is required. This is the classic situation of producing such steam by use of a saturator. A simple setup is shown in Fig. 2. Indirect cooling is used with an attemperator--this is a device that passes superheated vapor or fluid through it to reduce and control the temperature. Fig. 3 illustrates indirect cooling along with moderate-pressure desuperheated-steam production. The third method is the one most commonly used: Direct contact with water carried out in the steam piping."

The source is: and title of the article is:
SPECIFYING AND OPERATING DESUPERHEATERS

Well, we think we do.

Is this person even reading this forum? Why the blazes don't more of these people answer the questions we pose to them?

Hi All ,
I wanted to calculate the size of the vessel which is used for desuperheating High / low pressure steam using DM water.
radomir,you are the one who understood my question .
Your inputs are good starting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back