Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi, I am a mechanical engineer a

Status
Not open for further replies.

nkb

Mechanical
Feb 16, 2003
IN
Hi,

I am a mechanical engineer and currently involved in packaging of high voltage electrical/electronics machines.

Can you please suggest me any book or web site ON
“Packaging High Voltage power electronics machines”

or just

“Packaging of power electronics machines”

Thanks and regards,
nkb

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not knowing exactly what you are trying to package, the following is suggested.
There are quite a few standards that you might run into e.g.
NEC, NESC, etc that describe what and how your electrical/electronics must be packaged.

Dear Dough,

Thanks for your reply.

I will be Thankful, if you pleae also tell me from where to get NEC or NESC Standards.

Regards,
nkb

NESC & NEC PURPOSES:

Before purchase any reference will be a good idea to understand the scope and purposes of any code or standard.

Be aware that neither the NEC nor the NESC are intended as a design specification or as an instruction manual. The following describe the purpose of each publication:

1) NESC "practical safeguarding of persons during the installation, operation, or maintenance of electric supply and communication lines and associated equipment".
[sub]Usually applicable on utilities environment[/sub]

2) NEC "practical safeguarding of persons and property from hazards arising from the use of electricity".
[sub]The NEC (NFPA 70) is more often used on industrial, residential and commercial facilities and covers utilization wiring requirements beyond the service point.[/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back