Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi I am doing a research about remote sensing and photogrametry, and t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi I am doing a research about remote sensing and photogrametry, and the use of this in civil construction, can you help me about this subject ?

my e mail is

amilcar@elogica.com.br

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

see responses about photogrammetry etc elsewhere on this forum. If you wnat specific information contact me with specific questions. I'll gladly help.

I have some questions... For a beginner who wants to start learning and creating 3DEMs.

Resources that are accessible: Flown Aerial Information from a scale / altitude. ( dont know the lense )1998 DOOQ's.

I can get long and lat from delorme softwares. and I can get a few points with Elevations as well using GPS on those long and lat spots.

What program would i need to generate contour information from Aerial Photographs? 3D Maker? 3D Mapper?

are there any other project applications too?

It does not need to be extremely exact. But it will show people who are working on any locations with contour infos.

thanks!

Try to get a copy of these books:

Photogrammetry, 2nd Edition (there may be a newer edition)
by Francis H. Moffitt
International Textbook Co., 1967

There is also a text by Paul Wolf that is used around the country, but I don't have the citation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back