Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi-Lite interference 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPAdlok

Nov 23, 2007
IT
Maybe somebody can explain why can we install Hi-lite with higher interference compared to Hi-lok?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks rb1957…
I know the different behaviour of fatigue properties(a different profile of a collar), but I don’t understand the different fit interference about Hi-Lok vs Hi-Lite and how much.

after my post i checked hi-shear.com, and the installation torques are the same ... the catalogue notes that the difference between the Hi-Lok and Hi-Lite is a shorter thread and a slightly changed thread lead-in.

if you are installing Hi-Lites into a different hole dimensions, you might want to contact them for their comments.

JP,

look also into the Thread I started, thread31-121526

.....But I have received an answer from Hi-shear already and according to them the higher interference that can be achieved with Hi-lite is due to the different lead-in radius design....

wktyalor and Kenneth also submitted a lot of useful explanation and links there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back