Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

HI-LITE PINS CHART

Status
Not open for further replies.

GIVI12

Jan 12, 2014
US
Hello, I have an issue, this is my first time replacing HI-LITES, I am working on a B737-500, the part number as a nominal is HST116-6-5 and also HST106-6-5, that is the fastener on the aircraft, now, that what I am removing, but I cannot find the first oversize for those part numbers, I check several web sites, but nothing talk about my part numbers, any help?... thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What about going the Boeing doc. way?

Check out this thread: thread2-65144

Citing:

"The Boeing D-590 Parts Standards manual lists, in the individual listing for each standard, the manufacturer's part number for each of their products that are qualified to that standard (the hiloks, that is; this type of coverage is somehwat spotty for other types of standards, esp. the older ones).

What's even more aggravating is Boeing's use of fastener codes. Their repairs contain their own (usually) three-character fastener codes, which you then have to look up to cross to the BACB30 part numbers, which you then have to look up in another table to cross to the HL part numbers.

At least oversize fasteners are easy with Boeing part numbers: add an 'X' to the end of the complete part number for 1/64" over nominal; add a 'Y' to the end for 1/32" over; and add a 'Z' to the end for 3/64" over (though the 'Z's are pretty rare, and expensive when you can find them)."

maybe there is no over-size for small fasteners ? maybe you need to go to the next size ?? no help from the SRM ??

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

There is no HST116 or HST106 listed by Hi-Shear, the manufacturer of the HST pins. Are you sure of your part numbers?

"On the human scale, the laws of Newtonian Physics are non-negotiable"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back