Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi-pressure low cv control valve 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

VBO

Electrical
Oct 16, 2002
CA
I've been trying to find a control valve with an electric or air actuator but I guess the fluid pressure is to hi for a control valve and the cv is too low for a modulated ball valve

The valve must not be in brass or something like it because of the type of fluid we'll be using.

pressure: 2000 psi
cv: 0.05 and less

anybody got an idea ?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

How about a Fisher microform or microflute control valve?

I don't have my Fisher cataloge here but they go down to some pretty low Cvs. The main question is: what is your turndown requirement?

I figured out that fisher has a Fisher-Baumann in 316SS, pressure rating is alright 3000 PSIG and CV is hihger than I though at 0,02. We'll be looking foward for Masoneilan. My goal is to control the flow out of a piston pump which has pressure fluctuation of 150 psi at every step even with a pulsation dampener.

My advice is, where possible, not to control a reciprocating pump using a control valve.
Use a variable speed drive or vary the stroke length. Proportioning or metering pumps made by Milton Roy etc have adjustable actuators adjusted by a control signal.

I would follow Scotsinst's advice... don't use a control valve for a positive displacement pump unless you have a 100% recirculation relief system.

fvincent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back