Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hidden lines on drawings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assocracer

Mechanical
Dec 8, 2011
US
Is there a way to show hidden lines just for specific components in a drawing view? I only have a few parts that you can't see in any views so I just want to show those hidden so I can attach a BOM balloon to them. I'm running Wildfire 4.0. Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Drafting standards don't allow attaching dimensions and ballons to hidden items. You will need to do a breakout section view or explode the assembly.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

I understand that, but I don't want to create 3 different break outs and clutter up my drawing to show 1 part in each view. We've already discussed this hear and this is an exception to the rule. As far as being able to do it, I know it can be done in Solidworks, so what about Pro E?

Yes

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Ok, so how is it done? I can't seem to find it and searching the help files is like searching for a needle in a stack of needles mixed in haystack.

Perhaps you want to know how to do it? That was not in your question.

If there are just specific lines you want to display hidden, first go to the view properties page and turn on hidden lines for the view, then go to view/drawing display/edge display and set the display to "Hidden Line". Then select the lines you want to show as hidden then change the view display properties back to no hidden and the lines that you changed to hidden will still be there.

If you want to change the display of an entire component then just go to view/drawing display/component display and chenage the hidden line display of that part.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Just go to component display icon-pick view, then pick the component you want to hidden, select phanthom opaque, done.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back