Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Hidden Solidworks commands 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBaugh

Mechanical
Mar 6, 2001
US
Does anyone no where I can find a document with hidden SW commands. There are some key strokes and commands in SW that are not always listed in the help, or if they are they are overlooked very easy.

For example a user call me today asking how can he get normal to but from the opposite direction... solution select "Normal to" again and it flips the direction.

This is just one of those basic hidden commands, and I don't know if someone has made a document of these commands or not already.

Thanks in Advance,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
Berry Plastics
Cad Admin\Design Engineer
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The Hidden Commands Document has beeen updated. Changes include the links to the Help locations provided by "Jim Wilkinson" of SW.

I will try and review some of hte above suggestions when I have more time to review them and I will update everyone on the changes.

Best Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
Berry Plastics
Cad Admin\Design Engineer
GEASWUG Greater Evansville Area SWUG Leader
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Maybe more of a tip/trick, but I only just found it and I think it's ace! Hold RMB and you get a wheel, move the mouse up/down/L/R and you can select various tools/actions depending on whether you're in drawing/model/assembly. SOOOO fast when dimensioning parts on a drawing!

I'm easily pleased...

Ah...thanks for the heads up.

I'm hoping our company will spring for some new licenses now that the economy is better...for us at least. We've had nothing but problems with 2009...wish we would have stayed with 2008. hopefully the newer versions are more stable.

(Sorry for the thread jack)

OFS Brands
South Central Indiana

I'm on 2011. I tend to use the 's' key when I want tables and I find it useful when modelling, but when drawing that mouse gestures feature is great - so much less distance travelled to select dimension. I love discovering things like this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back