Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hide datum axes in drafting

Status
Not open for further replies.

venomex

Automotive
Jan 12, 2015
IN
Hi all,

I have a drawing to be created in NX 9.0.3.4 . The assembly parts are in catia 3d models. When I try to create drawing of the same, the axes of individual parts show up. Is there any way to hide them. I tried hiding all datums in 3d assembly but no results.

Thank you all

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you doing drafting in same part file? Then please move all the datums into one layer by Format>>Move To Layer.
Then in drafting, go to Format>>Layer Visible in View then make that layer in-visible in the views.

If you are making drafting file as an assembly file, then you can control the display content using Reference Sets of child part also.

@nithinv
I am creating the drawing as a separate part number(According to company standard).
Could you elaborate on second solution. I didnt get you..

Thanks

Hi Shettyp,
If you are working in part model,
After importing catia geometry to your UG then move unwanted entities to another layer and make it hide. so you wont get in drawing until unless you turn on layers visible in view.

If your working in Assembly,
Create reference sets in part model (Format -> reference seta--> add reference set) with required geometry. then change reference set in assembly for each part model as you specified in part model. It will show only reference set geometry in assembly. there you go

GANESH KOTHAKOTA
CAD/CAM LEAD
NX8.5, Vericut7.3.1
TECHMAHINDRA Inc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back