Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

HIde/Show groups of items .... easily ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabiz7

Automotive
Nov 30, 2012
US
New SW 2014 user....I am having hard time managing all my data on the screen, what I want to do is group together a large group of similar surfaces or other bodies into groups and then Hide / Show the whole group at one time quick and easy.
Here is my example:
I imported 40 or 50 surfaces from a Rhino model into SW. They are in the FeatureManager as "Surface-ImportedXX". I know I can select, shift-select the whole list, right click and then click the eyeglasses to Hide/Show all the surfaces. But, I put these surfaces all into a folder in the tree, why can't I Hide/Show the folder and then everything in the folder would be Hide/Show also ?? I thought I did this in Assembly, when you put components in a folder in the tree, you can Hide/Show the folder jsut by right clicking and selecting the glasses. Why can't I do this in the Feature<anager ???

In other programs, I would use Layers to group items and then turn them Off and On quick and easy. How do ido this same functionality in SW 2014?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would have go to my older computer but I believe this may have been possible in older versions. As an alternative, you can suppress every feature contained in a folder but that is probably not what you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back