Hide / Supress expressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sundeep198

Mechanical
Aug 22, 2012
NZ
Hello all,
I am working on creating master models for our components; I need to combine 2 types of parts in one master file.
I am able to on-off both the parts using expression suppression.

But my concern is, when I suppress 1st type part & un-suppress second type part, I still can see the expressions of the first part which will be is very confusing to the user, is there a way, by which the related expressions are hidden or suppressed.

Regards,
Sundeep P
Nx7.5.0.32

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

sundeep198 said:
is there a way, by which the related expressions are hidden or suppressed.

There is no such method that I know of.

Could you do what you need in a part family? If not, why combine 2 different part types into one master file? Perhaps you could keep each part type in its own file and use component suppression at the assembly level (suppress one or the other component as needed) rather than feature suppression at the part level.

www.nxjournaling.com

Just because a feature is suppressed doesn't mean that the expressions related to it are not still usable or are now suddenly irrelevant.

That being said, in NX 10.0 we've added an enhancement which will allow you to collect expressions into different 'Groups'. In your example what you could do would be to create a 'Group' where you would place all the expressions associated with features which could be suppressed and as long that 'Group' was not the active 'Group' (the one in which any new expressions will be created in) it could be hidden so that only the expressions in the 'Active' Group will be visible. You'll be able to hide any 'Locked' expressions as well.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back