Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

High Build Epoxy or Phenolic Epoxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syahar1975

Mechanical
Feb 3, 2011
ID
Dear experts,

I have fire water storage tanks in my project.

The painting specs from the clients states, internal surface of the fire water tank to be coated by 3 x 100 micron DFT High Build Epoxy or Phenolic Epoxy.

I need some advises for this case.

Which one is the best one ?

Which one is the cheaper one ?

What the different ?

Your advise is highly appreciated.

Syah

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The best coating will be the one that meets the client specification and offers the best value in terms of material cost and ease of application. You may want to start talking to paint manufacturers and your painting supervisors. The differences in polymer structure can be reviewed from the results of a Google search.

Steve Jones
Corrosion Management Consultant

All answers are personal opinions only and are in no way connected with any employer.

Dear Syah,

Which one is the best one ? Phenolic epoxy

Which one is the cheaper one ? High build epoxy (depends on product- High build is just a property, there are many HB epoxies)

What the different ? Resin is different. Phenolic and novolac performs better in immersion services.

Regards

CoCoE

CocoE,

Off course, the client always want the best one not the cheapest one like the subcontractor :)

Andrew1974,

In the client data sheet there are 2 option PE or HBE.

Syah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back