High Expansion Foam Generator for Paint Factory in Warehouse 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thai Pham

Mechanical
Feb 5, 2018
VN
Hello friends,
Now, i am doing a proposal for Paint factory. The fire fighting design need to use High Expansion foam with Generator in Warehouse, so can everybody support me to send the sample calculation for this system please?
The design follow the NFPA 11 & NFPA 30.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You want someone to do all of the calculations for a high expansion foam system for you?? I don't mean to be rude, but this stuff sounds like it is way beyond your capabilities. This is far more than just a couple suggestions through an internet forum.

The best advice I can give you on this is to hire a fire protection consultant to assist you in this project.

Best of luck.

Travis Mack
MFP Design, LLC
"Follow" us at

Why would you use a high expansion foam system in a warehouse? Have you reached out to the insurance carrier for input? I would never approve such a system, one false trip and you would loose the entire contents from water and contamination. A closed head AFFF foam system would be my choice.

That's not my meaning. I just need a sample calculation for this bcz i'd like to convince with my Client in advance! It's only a proposal now.

Link
The link enclosed is also included the calculation, but i think that is not really good for proposals...

Regards,

Thai:

We don't have enough information to help you at this time. Fire protection of hazardous materials like flammable and combustible liquids requires a detailed review the products, packaging, storage methods, and in certain cases, the unit process(es) part of the manufacturing and packaging process. I can tell you that High Expansion foam is probably one of the least desirable methods. Good luck and seek professional engineering assistance.

[quote:
stookeyfpe (Specifier/Regulator)

Thai:
We don't have enough information to help you at this time. Fire protection of hazardous materials like flammable and combustible liquids requires a detailed review the products, packaging, storage methods, and in certain cases, the unit process(es) part of the manufacturing and packaging process. I can tell you that High Expansion foam is probably one of the least desirable methods. Good luck and seek professional engineering assistance. ][/quote]

Thanks for your information.
So I think I could do it by myself now. I'll share more information for your advice letter after I got this job.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back