Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

High Pressure Regulators

Status
Not open for further replies.

aey53

Mechanical
Jul 8, 2005
US
I was hoping somebody could give me some ideas on regulator manufactures that produce a regulator with soft seats. The existing regulator has a metal to metal seat and tends to leak by over time. The regulator is a saftey related valve at a nuclear power plant. The fluid is nitrogen gas at about 90 F ambient conditions. The regulator is used in emergency situations only, so it is usually dead headed. The inlet pressure is 800 psig, outlet is 90 psig, Cv=.15, and 3/4" line.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

As far as I now a regulator is not supposeD to seal when there is no fluid flow. It is supposed to keep the pressure constant in a fluid flow condition.

thanks for the help
I found out Valcor and Fisher also make a regulator similar to what I described

israelkk
yeah I know, that is what I said. But I guess with Nuclear they are always wanting a backup system.

Kaye & Macdonald ( Cashco) also make soft-seated regulators, and their Poly-All (Polyurethane) seat is actually very good. Your trick is going to be to get a manufacturer to accept all the incidental requirements that go with a safety-related component.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back