Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

High Resolution Pictures in CATIA V5 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

knightzero3d

Aerospace
Jan 9, 2009
I currently have CATIA V5 R16 and I was wondering how do I create a high resolution image of my model? I used Infrastructure--> Photo studio--> quick rendering. Although this is drastically better than just taking a screen shot, it isn't really "high resolution". I can see pixels and the image isn't as sharp as I would want it to be (especially if I would want to blow it up into a poster). Does anyone know how to produce a really high resolution picture? Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well, this is what I did.

Infrastructure--->photo studio. Once in photo studio I clicked on the "create shooting" icon. From this a window pops up and the first tab open should be "frame" (if not, click on this top on top of the window). On the window popup there should be an option that says "image size". I moved the slider bar to higher level (this changes the pixels... a 1600 x 1200 should be good).

Also you can go through the other tabs such to refine what you want in your picture.

After this I clicked on the "Render Shooting", which is right under the previous icon. That should be it. It takes a little longer to render the image but it's worth it. I hope this helps other people with similar problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back