Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

high speed ball bearings 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaglemre

Mechanical
Jul 8, 2007
NL
Dear All

I plan to design and construct an experimental setup with ball bearings which are capable of running to very high speeds as 150 000 -160 000 rpm with a rotor radius of 3-7.5 mm. A had a search in the internet and couldn t found any type of ball bearing capable of running to that high speeds.However in the literature researchers claim that they reached that high speeds by using the special ball bearings for dentistry.
I would be thankful to you if you can provide a link for such kind of bearings tables and/or producers.
Thank you very much in advance.Regards.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would suggest that you search on
micro ball bearings and there should
be a number of manufacturers.

This is were we buy our high speed bearings.

Our application is 90K RPM and we use Rheolube 374 by Nye Lubricants. But one thing you will have trouble with are sustained high speed usage.

Heckler [americanflag]
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
SWx 2007 SP 4.0 & Pro/E 2001
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)

This post contains no political overtones or undertones for that matter and in no way represents the poster's political agenda.

Barden FAG XC708C.T.P4S has an 8 mm bore and
is rated about 140,000 rpm using grease lube and 220,000 rpm with minimal oil lubrication.
XC uses ceramic balls and Cronidur steel races.

300,000 rpm avialable with a 6 mm bore.

I takes gorgeous shaft and housing machining and thougtful design to make them work. Can't just buy parts and throw them together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back