Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

High Temp. Electrically Conductive Mold Release Materials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heinsen

Mechanical
Feb 13, 2011
US
Good Afternoon,
I am looking for a material that can be purchased prefferably in an aerosol form that is electrically conductive and can withstand high temps. possibly upwards of 2000C to act as a "mold release agent".

Something similar to NeoLube or Boron Nitride however BN is not electricaly conductive.

Anyone have any ideas? Best Regards and thanks for the help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think thats what Neolube is, colloidal graphite in isopropyl. Im kind of looking for other alternatives. But thank you Compositepro.

May we ask what your are going to inject using what material for the die. Unless your mold is very small you cannot get near it with an aerosol can. Electrically conductivity at your stated temperature is going to be hard to do as most material that can withstand this temperature are oxides or fast become oxides.
I would checkout the ACT materials from Matthey. Advance Technical has some coatings that are capable of 3300 F. You might give them a call to discussion your requirements. I would also search NASA as they have done a lot of work with these temperatures. Boric acid can take the temperature but I don't have the physical data.

A little more information might help you get better information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back