Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

High temperature glass adhesives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiz187

Industrial
Oct 10, 2003
US
I am at wits end on this one. I need to fasten two sheets of glass together. A channel cut in one sheet of glass has neon plasma running through it. I can't locate any high temperature adhesives that will remain transparent at these temperatures and UV exposure. I hesitate to try something as expensive as laser welding the sheets together but I can't find any other way of solving this one.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,
I suggest you to contact Henkel Loctite for bonding glass to itself. They have wide range of UV Curing adhesives specially meant for bonding glasses together. They are very much temperature resistance and also ultra clear in color.

Best of Luck
Smita

Usually parts like this are fusion welded together. Polymers have too high a permeability to gas and you will slowly loose vacuum. You have to consider how long you need your assenbly to last. Also, polymers will rapidy degrade if exposed directly to plasma and release gasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back