Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

High Voltage Lines Dangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

What are the dangers of living next to high voltage electrical lines?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This area is presently researched as far as the strong electromagnetic field effects on human beings and animals are concerned. By a common sense, there were many animals close to those lines for long pastures and happen to live.<br>Also, do not touch or come close to conductors which fell on the ground close to the transmission lines.

The human body is very sensitive to electromagnetic radiation.&nbsp;&nbsp;It is part of our physiology.&nbsp;&nbsp;There is plenty of evidence from the natural world that demonstrates the sensitivity of most &quot;animals&quot; to electromagnetic radiation. Many simlple creatures in the wild use changes in the earths magnetic field to signal life cycles.&nbsp;&nbsp;This is one of the reasons for astrology ( I don't read horroscopes but there is scientifc evidence that what goes on in space affects how we behave on earth).<br><br>The main effects of intense fluctuating (a/c power)magnetic fields is on the nervous system. Possible effects could be sleep disruption.&nbsp;&nbsp;This can lead to illnesses associated with sleep deprevation.<br><br>If given a choice I would not live in close proximity to HT power lines. <p>Nigel Waterhouse<br><a href=mailto:n_a_waterhouse@hotmail.com>n_a_waterhouse@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>A licensed aircraft mechanic and graduate engineer. Attended university in England and graduated in 1996. Currenty,living in British Columbia,Canada, working as a design engineer responsible for aircraft mods and STC's.

CAN YOU TELL ME HOW DO I CHECK IF A VOLTAGE (3.3 kv AND ABOVE) IS AVAILABLE ON A BUS WITHOUT THE USE OF PT. IS ANY GADGET LIKE A LINE TESTER AVAILABLE FOR THIS PUPOSE AND IF SO WHERE?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back