Hinge Mate problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

carguy327

Industrial
Aug 8, 2013
CA
Hello everyone.

I have a model with very curved profile shapes (in Y axis (plan view)) I have a series of half lap style hinges that won't allow an angle limit. Is it my curvy shapes? I have no flat surfaces(faces) to use as angle selections.

I've created 2 of the five parts needed but I'm having a hard time with the next parts as i need rotational limits within Solidworks to create the appropriate clearances at each end of the part's swing.

Any ideas how to correct the problem? Maybe a work around?

Thanks
Gerald

RIGA001blk.jpg

RIGA_ROM.jpg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I tried that but the planes don't show in the assembly. I must have something set wrong if I should be able to use reference planes..

You can expand the parts in the tree to select the planes directly or adjust your visibility settings so that you can select them for mating.

I'm not sure what that means, Scott. Is that good? (sounds kinda good )

As for my problem,I turned on the planes (thanks) I think the planes have to be on th same arch so I'll probably have to get a common center line in there.

Thanks for the help

Gerald

Gerald Lauzé
Surrey, BC

That was introduced at SW World 2013 and according to Design Engineering Magazine Dassualt System`s has released the Mechanical Concept. Its a pretty neat little application. Not sure of all the details on it yet, but your image looked a lot like it.

Cheers,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
Berry Plastics
Cad Admin\Design Engineer
GEASWUG Greater Evansville Area SWUG Leader
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back