Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Historical Building Codes 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajpapa

Structural
Dec 30, 2013
US
I am looking for a copy of the 1987 BOCA National Building Code. Most specifically, I am looking for the "Structural Loads" chapter of the code. Does anybody know where I might be able to obtain a copy of this?

Best regards,
Tony

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

msquared48,

The website you recommend indicates that it is free to use, yet they want a credit card on file to authorize use of the site. That doesn't sense to me, especially in this modern era of digital theft.

True, but they do provide a contact number for questions.

Questions? Comments?
Give us a call at 1-877-717-3330

If you are concerned about the site, give them a call before registering... You could also call the BBB too to see if there are any complaints.

Mike McCann
MMC Engineering

Mike McCann,

I did and get the "All circuits are busy right now" message. I googled them and saw a few bad reviews from users being charged after reading that they won't be charged. I think it's too risky to use if they want your credit card. At least I am not going to give them my credit card. Thanks anyway.

Best regards,
Tony

Thanks again Mike. Unfortunately, I tried that already. There are no copies available new or used on Amazon. I checked ebay as well.

Ive come across this site before and also have given it the big flick.

How ridiculous asking for a credit card number when they claim its a free site.

Wouldn't use it even if it turns out to be a legit site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back