Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hitachi screw compressor Converting to R-407C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novema

Industrial
Feb 26, 2003
NO
hello!

Are there any who have experience of converting Hitachi screw compressors in serie 2(x002SC-H)to the use of R-407C.

This compressor are originally ment for R-22.

Hitachi say it's not recommended, because the terminal seals will leak.

Any other experiences?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

First sorry about my poor english. I'm not an expert, but some tech papers I have about these comps sugests retrofit using from R22 to R407c with following precautions:
lubrificant for R22 is mineral origin and r407c is sintetic (poliol ester or POE). You must be sure of a good refrigerant cicle cleaning before charging the ref and the new lubf. Attencion: lubf contamination causes compressor bearings failure. I really don't know anything about seal. Where are you from? Does your quest was send to Hitachi Japan or US?

Thanks for your respons.
My company are in Norway.

I recived the notice from Hitachi, Europe.

If you have any documentation on the issue i'd be happy if you could send it to me.

espen.spondalen@novema

Hello Again,

It was my first time on site, and I thought that most of forum pals were from US. I'm sorry. I know there is a HITACHI plant at Barcelona.
About my tech papers I think it will not usefull for you. They were written in Portuguese (I'm from Brasil).

Otherwise, you must see it:

Good luck and...

Stay cool

Novema,

As a correction to first post, please take note:

Compressor Series 2 in Europe always uses sintetic poliol ester oil (SR30). Recently, in Series 5, they changed for Castrol Icematic SW220HT (desevolved for HITACHI only).
There's no graeter contamination risks between them. A good vacuun it's enought. Consider possibility make your gas retrofit by the overhaul stop.

Stay cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back