Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Hole Callout Format Settings, Where is it? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOPdesigner

Mechanical
Nov 15, 2005
US
For my OOTB NX install, when you apply a hole callout in PMI the resulting annotation format uses words like CBORE, and DEEP instead of that actual drafting symbols for counterbore, depth, etc. For the life of me I can't figure out where to fix this. I have found the settings/preferences to control what parameters get displayed, but not how they are displayed. Can anybody help?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yep, it's set correctly already there with the codes for the symbols (see attachment). There is somewhere else that is overriding this.

I think Cowski may have missed the PMI part. You are looking at the drafting standard but you are trying to change PMI display. The same menu is in the PMI settings under hole callout.

NX 1847
TC 11.5

Admittedly, I rarely use PMI. However, the drafting preferences generally apply to all dimensions (drafting, sketch, and PMI).

My info was incomplete, changing the customer defaults will only apply to a new, blank file. Editing the drafting preference settings in an existing file will apply to new dimensions created in that file. For already existing dimensions, you will need to edit the settings of the individual dimensions (or delete and recreate them after editing the file's drafting preferences). To edit the file, go to the drafting module -> preferences -> drafting -> common -> prefix/suffix -> hole callout. There are options there to change the prefix/suffix text for each hole type (if editing individual dimensions, the options will be in a similar location in the dimension settings dialog). If you edit your template files accordingly, any new files created based on the template will have your desired settings.

www.nxjournaling.com

By golly I think we have found it. So I need to go into each of my template files and set it there I guess. Thanks for helping me track that down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back