Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hole Patterns Slow Me Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric316

Mechanical
Jun 30, 2004
US
Does anyone have any tips for speeding up the regeneration of a zillion holes in a plate? Whenever I edit the pattern it takes forever to regenerate.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Checking the Geometric Pattern option typically helps, but not in all cases. DimensionalSolutions@Core.com
While I welcome e-mail messages, please post all thread activity in these forums for the benefit of all members.

You may also want to look into using sketch patterns. DimensionalSolutions@Core.com
While I welcome e-mail messages, please post all thread activity in these forums for the benefit of all members.

Thanks for the speedy response. This pattern is based on a sketch pattern of a bunch of holes in a staggered array. Where is the geometric pattern checkbox option located?

I have been hammering SolidWorks on this for years. I gave them a simple flat plate with pattern holes. It seems like once it hits a certain threshold you are screwed. I have not seen any difference in performance between sketch and feature patterns. As far as the geometric pattern option, it is found in the feature pattern properties. When we went form SW2000 to SW2001Plus any pattern that had this option checked had errors. Not just a couple of files but hundreds. SolidWorks really needs to work on pattern performance. BBJT CSWP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back