Hole table creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudhakarn

Automotive
Apr 1, 2013
IN
Hi folks,
I have a query here. How do I get the hole table automatically created by selecting the holes on a window selection. Need your guidance please. Thanks in Advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you sure there's a hole table in AutoCAD?
There is one in Inventor (I haven't used it) but ACAD?
One would need parametric dimension values for that to work. Maybe ACAD Mechanical can do that. I agree with chicopee, can you be more specific?

STF

Hi chicopee, sparweb,
Thanks for your responses. What I need is this. I have a rectangular plate with holes in it.i have to get the hole table once I window select the holes.

In AutoCAD API (by loading the application ),we can get to create the required bolts and nuts automatically.

Do we have any similar option for this?
Hope I am clear this time.

Thank you sudharkarn,
You have clarified it for me, however, I have never used AutoCAD in that way.

This sounds like a perfect application for a LISP routine.
I'm not very adept at LISP (despite the thread I created a few months ago) but maybe one doesn't need to write one from scratch. I tried a search on the Autodesk community forum, and while there seem to be results, the site is down for maintenance over the weekend. On Monday, try searching this:
"autocad hole table LISP" on the site:

STF

Here is an alternative. If the rectangular plate is small and can fit on a scanner, scan as a jpg file and insert it as a raster image, however, scale it as you inset it. Put your UCS in one corner, draw the holes over the images and their centers will be identified in the "X" and "Y" positions. If the plate is too big you can take digital pictures and redo the raster image bit as detailed above. If you can scribe on the plate scales in the "X" and "Y" direction, the scaling of the raster image will be much easier but none theless you'll have to toy with SCALING for some accuracy. A possible alternative is using excel to identify the positions of the holes and merge the spread sheet into ACAD and use the SCRIPT commands. I have used SCRIPT in the past but not for positioning holes and there is a learning curve perhaps not as hard as learning LISP commands. Here is a link to that second alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back