Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hole table

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkdragon

Mechanical
May 22, 2003
Is it possible when in the draft enviroment to create on hole table, on a seperate page for all of the previous views/pages. For example I am working on a 4 page drawing. I have a front, left , right, and top view. I want to add a page 5 with a hole table for all the previous pages. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Dkdragon

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The only way I know of doing this is by converting it to text then copying and pasted. The problem with that is you lose the associtivity. V-15 you will be able to add it to a seperate page by specifying which page you want it placed on while maintaining the associtivity.

yes that is the only way I knew to do it also. I wanted to maintain my associtivity. When will version 15 be out? Any idea?

I work with large frame assemblies regularly and put the hole charts on the 2nd and 3rd page using the following method:

-Create the drawing view of the frame on the first sheet
-Temporarily move the drawing view to the sheet you want your hole chart by using the drop down menu on the General tab of the Drawing View Properties
-Drag the drawing view out of the way and create your hole chart as normal
-When the hole chart is complete, use the drop down menu in the Drawing View Properties menu to move the drawing view back to sheet one
-When you need to make revision in the future just make sure to first move the drawing view to the correct drawing sheet used above.

If you have trouble understanding the procedure let me know.

Why not just leave the drawing on the page where you want your hole table. If the drawing has been moved off of your page then it won't be printed out. This way when you go to update the drawing it will automatically update the hole table. The only problem that I see with doing it this way is that it would make your file larger. I would rather have the file larger than to forget to update the hole table when I send the drawings to the floor.

"Why not just leave the drawing on the page where you want your hole table. If the drawing has been moved off of your page then it won't be printed out. This way when you go to update the drawing it will automatically update the hole table. The only problem that I see with doing it this way is that it would make your file larger. I would rather have the file larger than to forget to update the hole table when I send the drawings to the floor."

In my case there is not room on the sheet for both the hole chart and the drawing view. That is why the hole charts are on page 2 & 3. I need the drawing view back on page 1 for additional dimensioning.

ksudavid

I think what RFJ meant was to create a second view on the hole chart sheet identical to view on page one. Then you have view on page one of holes and hole chart on page two linked to second copy of view on page one. That's why file would be larger.

I have used that technique myself to show detail views without having to hve the main view printed. Just keep the main view outside of the drawing sheet area and it doesn't print. Handy for doing assembly instruction sheets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back