Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Honda Specification HES for Splines 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

huckelberry

Mechanical
Dec 8, 2010
US
Can anyone lead me in the right direction. I'm trying to get my hands on Honda specs for splines. Honda seems to be the only one that will not provide specs on the web via Global Documents. We do alot of work for Hondas vendors who require spline gages. The trouble is the part prints never have the spline data on them. They refer to the HES spec which nobody seems to be able to get a hold of. And naturally our customer making the parts have no idea.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I agree, alot of there shafts are 37.5 degree pressure angle splines. The problem is that the drawings will call out HES 32X1.0 as the spec. They show no diameters but they will usually give you a measurement over wires. I'm trying to design a ring gage to check this shaft. I need the effective size which they can never supply. I also need a Form Diameter which nobody seems to know what that is. It's just a joke trying to design to Honda prints and specs.

I appreciate the feedback. Any help would be appreciated. Like I said, I can't believe our customers quote and recieve and order to cut and build splined parts but have no idea on what to cut. This is why half the time I end up designing the gages to tooth and or space widths I know arent' correct but can't get answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back