Hose burst valve for high pressure ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

yk26

Mechanical
Feb 20, 2024
TR
Hi everyone,
I want to connect a hose burst valve directy to the cylinder, but problem is hydraulic cylinder's pressure is about 600 bars. The ones I can find are rated for 350 bars. Does anyone knows a supplier who produce these valves? Or any advices on other solitions I can use?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Beringer Hydraulics is now Bucher Hydraulics and their range is rated for 420 BAR.

What is the application and why do you need to fit a hose burst valve?

You might have to go with the velocity check style of valve, rather than the integrated pilot operated type.

The application is a single acting telescopic hydraulic jack, in case of a hose failure it should lock and keep the load up, valve is normally open and closes itself when there is a certain pressure difference.
So far I have no luck finding one for my system's pressure rate.

You have a telescopic cylinder that is rated to 600 BAR pressure?

Why such high pressure?

If you want the cylinder to stop in the event of a hose burst and the application is simply vertical (up and down), then a velocity check valve will work and is more likely to be able to hold the pressure.

That pressure rating gave me a lot of headache. The reason for the 600 bar rating is that the cylinder jack is mobile, so it should be light and small enough.
I checked the velocity check valves, and it seems like they are rated up to 690 bars, which satisfies my needs. Thank you for your reply, it was really helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back