Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Houston Ship Channel Bridge 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Might be a legal thing? Taking down the project from your website portfolio is tantamount to admitting fault? I noticed the EOR for the Hard Rock that collapsed still has "construction to be completed next spring" (or something to that effect) on their website.

thebard3 said:
Some kind of alternate reality going on at Figg.

More likely, they are just really slow at updating their website or had to let go whomever was doing that for them. Can't imagine business is good for them right now...
The last post on the 'News' page is from Summer 2020, all the copyrights say 2020, etc.

Can someone knowledgable comment on that COWI report? To this software guy, it reads like Figg (again?) didn't 'do their homework' properly? Although it reads like maybe the contractor also dropped the ball or didn't do a thorough analysis?

It is difficult to understand why Linda Figg never bothered to get a professional license. It is very unusual that a business of this type doesn't have a person with a professional license leading the firm.

I don't know the latest news, but FIGG Bridge Engineers and C. Denney Pate (Engineer of Record) both received a 10-year debarment of Federal money which would presumably put them out of business.

Link

Link

from second linked article said:
But there’s a big problem with getting that evidence: three months after the collapse, the phone used by the most important engineer on the project suffered “water damage” before anyone tried to back up its contents.
So what? Data is stored in Flash memory, so even dunked in water, a recovery engineer could relatively easily yank that chip and pull out the data. But that's unlikely to happen now.

Dan - Owner
Footwell%20Animation%20Tiny.gif

Well, yes, but it can be fairly difficult to 'yank the chip'. I've worked on cell phones where the processor and flash dies were stacked on top of each other in one package, these are BGA parts with many pins and an odd interface.

Also, if the phone was turned on while wet it's possible there could be a short that would fry the chip, package balls or leads can become corroded, etc.

I'm sure the FBI/CIA/NSA can do stuff like this, but your garden variety data recovery service isn't going to be able to do stuff like this. If it doesn't boot, they'll tell you it's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back