Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I apply a triangular load over an elastic body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadi3333

Electrical
Feb 14, 2011
CA
Hi
I want to apply a triangular load at the top of a square phantom for an input file in abaqus.
Should I use two kind of load one hydrostatic and one unifome load at the same time using DLOAD?
how should I do that?

Thanks in advance for your kind help.
Shadi

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

as far as I know with hydrostatic load I can apply load from 0 (at beginning of the surface)to a ( at the end), but I want to apply loading from a (at the beginning of the surface) to b(at the end of the surface)
and the question is how can I apply to kind of loading one uniform and one hydrostatic that it can be a representative of the kind of loading I want using superposition principle?
p.s: phantom is something mimicking the tissue part in my model.
Thanks .
Shadi

as far as I know with hydrostatic load I can apply load from 0 (at beginning of the surface)to a ( at the end), but I want to apply loading from a (at the beginning of the surface) to b(at the end of the surface)
and the question is how can I apply two kind of loading one uniform and the other, hydrostatic that it can be a representative of the kind of loading I want using superposition principle?

p.s: phantom is something mimicking the tissue part in my model.
Thanks .

Shadi

I believe that loads are additive, but as friedmind suggested, you could apply a hydrostatic loading and adjust the parameters so that you got the triangular loading you required. The point at which the hydrostatic loading is zero wouldn't be on the model of course but some point in space.

Tara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back