how can I calculate the stress in X- and Y-direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliex

Materials
Jan 27, 2018
DE
Hi all,

A steel parallelepiped with a square cross-section fits exactly into the cavity. it's loaded from the top surface(see picture). how can I calculate the stress in X- and Y-direction if the strain in X- and Y-direction is zero.

Thank you
frage_ANSYS_j3b133.jpg

frage_xbpcqk.jpg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not sure exactly what you mean, but from what I can see:

In your first picture, there is a contact between the red and grey block (that is the appropriate boundary condition).

Once you load the red block on top, with the contacts (e.g., frictional) assigned (and some support/fixed, for the gray part so it does not move freely), you will be able to see stresses along different directions (say SXX or SYY,...).

Hope this helps.

Thank you for Answer.

Yeah, that's what I meant.
I have to calculate the stresses in X, Y and Z directions.
can you please confirm whether you can calculate the stresses in X- ; Y- and Z-directions with these equations?

σ[sub]y[/sub]= F/A
σ[sub]x[/sub]= σ[sub]z[/sub]= (1-2ν)σ[sub]y[/sub]

According to the elasticity constitutive relation, stress_vector = C_matrix * strain_vector, where the vector has a size of 6, and C_matrix is the stiffness with the size of 6x6.

If your material is isotropic and linear elastic, both strain_x and strain_y are zero. To determine the stress_x and stress_y, you only need to know C13, C23, and strain_Z.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back