Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I make to drive the gears?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bajszi

Bioengineer
Dec 2, 2005
HU
Hi guys!

I've read throught the topics, but i couldn't find answer to this question. I would like to make a gear system, where each of them drives another component with their cogs. So how can i bulid a mechanical system with real physical effect (gravity, friction)

If somebody knows this, please answer to me, because it's very important for me.

Cheers, Bajszi

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

CATIA Kinematics is purely motion simulation. It is not a Mechanism Simulation package and does not include friction, mass, forces, etc.

If you want that, you will need to look to a 3rd party such as LMS' VirtualLab.Motion or MSC's ADAMS.

Hiya!

Thanks for the answer. But still I don't know something. I understand that I can't work with friction, mass, forces. But if I wanna bulid a gear system, and I would like to give the spin to the first gear, and after the second gear should be spinning by the first gear, and after the third should be spinning by the second, and so on...

For example... is it possible to create a car-gearbox? So I would like to drive some gears with only one gear.

Cheers, Bajszi

This should be doable. There is a Gear joint in Kinematics that takes two rotational joints and synchronizes them via an integer gear ratio.

It's a simulation, though. It does not actually use the contacts of the gear teeth. If you line the gears up right, and specify the correct ratio, however, it should look good.

Thanks for the answer, yes, I work with the V5, and I know this DMU Kimematics a little bit. I will try this, thanks guys!

Cheers, Bajszi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back