Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can i mesh a solid?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

ENCHTAIN

Mechanical
Jul 20, 2006
TN
hi everybody,

I'm trying to mesh a cube (there is a hole on one of its surfaces, the problem is that i want to define the number of element around this hole, but this feature is only available on the surface mesher (not on solid mesher).

How can'i define the number of element around holes???????????????

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

You can define a Local 'Edge Distribution' on the edge of the Hole and ask for x number of node... Update your Mesh.

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

for really good meshing, you need to use an addon..

I'm not too sure about that. I can get really good meshes with Catia. The limiting factor, however, seems to be system resources.

So if your add-on is a 64-bit something or rather, with multiple processors, and gobs of memory, I say you're probably right. However, for fine mesh on parts, Catia is capable, so long as your hardware is.

I used to do analyses on rotating parts for jet pumps. We did it in Catia, and compared the output to several other systems, and found the results were right on par, and WELL within the acceptable limits. We had to do localized meshing in certain areas, but it was no problem.

---
CAD design engineering services - Catia V4, Catia V5, and CAD Translation. Catia V5 resources - CATBlog.

Hi everybody,
First of all, i want to thanks every one who replied to my question.........

JacobL said that i have to use an addon to get a good meshing, what is addon, and where i can download it ?????

Thanks.

You can't just download a Catia add-on.

"Add-ons" would be 3rd party software. As with anything Catia-related, it's not only NOT free, it's NOT cheap.

Stick with the Catia solver for meshing. It will do fine until you have a serious need for something more powerful.

---
CAD design engineering services - Catia V4, Catia V5, and CAD Translation. Catia V5 resources - CATBlog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back