Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

How can I save all elasticity matrices I get from this study?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tugni925

Mechanical
Sep 14, 2020
NO
I run a cell periodicity study which gives me elasticity matrix as seen to the right. I want this kind of matrix for different values of "a", "b" and "t". I ran another study with this setup and it worked fine and allowed me to get a dataset for the varying values of "a", "b" and "t". However, when I run the model now I only seem to get elasticity matrix for the last set:"a" = 3, "b" = 3, "t" = 3. Is it possible to save the elasticity matrix when it runs for a,b,t = 1 and a,b,t = 2 aswell?

1_kmso7a.png

1_ua8vn4.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think that it would be easiest and safest to do it manually (run these two additional analyses). Otherwise you have to experiment with parametric sweep and you risk getting incorrect results from it (it’s easy to confuse some settings of parametric sweep and its results).

But if you still want to use parametric sweep then go the settings of this matrix output (Derived Values, Tables or other node in model tree) and try selecting different source for it.

I did actually do this kind of setup for my study 2 which is linear buckling analysis and it gave me accurate results when I went back and checked it manually. Although I understand what you mean, and when I start working with large datasets its gonna be hard/time consuming to go check if the results are correct.

1_i9k9bf.png

Maybe it would be better to prepare a script that can run multiple analyses one by one and save their results (in this case matrices) to file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back