Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I test Bus Speed? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicw

Electrical
Jul 6, 2001
CA
Hi,
Is there a software where I can test a PCs Bus Speed?
Thanks,
Vic

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

The file is a *.bin file. How do I run it?

Regards,
Vic

Hi,

Forgive me, I gave you the wrong link. That file is for a Macintosh.

As for your question well Amidiag was recommended to me and it is supposed to test everything including all of the bus lines. It has a price tag on it though, however you can download a demo. How much functionality it has, well you'll have to tell me.

Find AmiDiag at

Regards

Hi Laffalot,

Thanks for your help, but the software doesn't run any tests regarding PCI Bus. It does show information regarding the PCI thought.

Thanks again,
Vic

Hi,

All hough this is not what you asked for given you previous threads (PCI BUS analyzer) I thought this may be helpful.

For info on the PCI and some PCI programs see
However the programs don't test it they just tell you about all of the devices you have on your bus (from a dbase of 4000+) and what's more they're free !.

For software that test various buses (benchmark tests) and get information see:-

Like I said not exactly what you want but may be of some use.

Any help ?, yes no let me know.

Regards

Hi michalis,

The site you've posted does not work. Is there another address where I can download the software?

Thanks,
Vic

I found a site to download SiSoft Sandra 2001 at:

It gives me information about the PCI devices, but it does not test the PCI bus itself.

Thanks for the help though.

Laffalot, I looked at the sites you recommended and downloaded the software, but it isn't quite what I'm looking for, but thank you for trying.

Regards,

No I haven't. Does that software test the bus?

that software is supposed to be able to run various tests on your computer. i haven't tried the new version and therefore i can't have an opinion. you can download a trial version from I think it's fully working for 30 days or so.
you can also try various benchmark utilities from ziff-davis. try this url:

if it doesn't work go to PC magazine homepage:
and search for "benchmarks"

I hope i helped... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back