Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can the naptha hydrotreating reactor pressure drop normalized?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aabumady

Chemical
Jun 8, 2011
EG
I have naphtha hydrotreating reactor.I need to monitor the reactor pressure drop trend.I need to normalize as it is affected by the feed rate and the recycle gas.Actually, when I normalize it to the feed rate only, the recycle gas effect is neglected.when I normalize it to the recycle gas, the feed rate effect is neglected.

It will be appreciated, if any body can help me to normalize it regarding both of the feed rate and the recycle gas to obtain a reliable trend.

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Im not 100% sure that i got the question but one tip: For a mass ballance try drawing a simplified PFD and write all your know and unknown next to the line representing streams. This way you can visualise what parameters are known and unknown. Draw a box reprsenting the mass ballance and you will then know where you independant variable is (e.g. recycle rate).

Best regrads

Morten

May we know why do you want to normalize the pressure drop. How will you interpret this new normalized pressure drop?

"We don't believe things because they are true, things are true because we believe them."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back