Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I add a find number to the model tree column?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can't.
The find number only exists within the BOM repeat region and its related balloon.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

You can, if it is added as a component parameter. You will have to type the name of the component parameter into the listbox (at the least Creo didn't previously show user created component parameters) to add it as a model tree column. You can drive a column in a Repeat Region using the component parameter and create a custom balloon reference to use it on drawings.

Thanks for the replies
The needed data is in the BOM on the field of the drawing, so I know it is retrievable. I just want to cross reference it in the model tree.

The reason this won't work the way you want is that a drawing could have 100 different BOM tables each listing each component with an entirely different index number. As a result there is not a convenient way to extract that info. You can copy data from the tree to the drawing and not the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back