Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do i apply restraints to this situation ! Boundary conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi, SudorracMechEng:

Boundary Condition is very simple in this case. What you need to do is to set up right contacts between your components. You can ignore the bottom section and focus on top portion. Use 1/4 of your model for analysis.

Read tutorial on contact analysis in Solidworks Simulation.

Good luck!

Alex

hi jassco, thanks for the reply.

There is a clearance between the two cylinders, and a clearence between the pin and the cylinder holes.

Firstly, i isolated just the pin and applied a "fixture" to the bottom portion of the outside cylinder. And the load applied to the top portion (top half of the cylinder) in the area of where the cylinder would contact pin....

However, this is apparently not an accurate representation of real life - since the pin will actually be lifting of the interface due to bending.

I need guidance in how to appropriately apply restraints and loads to the pin.

I am currently setting up a 1/4 model - St.Venants principle has come into play, so thankyou for pointing that out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as i have been obsessing over this for quite some time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back