How do I check a Bipolar Transistor Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

RODMAN2

Automotive
Sep 21, 2005
US
I Need Help!
I have a spindle drive with 12 Fuji EVM31-050A modules. I have a data sheet, but that's all. What is the Proper way to check them?

Rodman2

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Check them for what? There are at least 15 parameters that might be interesting to check. The fact that you don't have any idea what to check suggests that you don't have the instrumentation to do so either.

TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

You're right! I am no EE. I should have said "Where and how do I get these checked out?" Any suggestions would be helpful.

Rodman2

The Yellow Pages or equivalent in your country is probably a good place to start. Any Electrical Engineering shop will be able to check them for you. If you're just after a functional test to see if they're currently working, we'd just assemble a simple rig and monitor voltages and currents over the operating range. Might be enough to provide you a pass/fail determination, but as IRstuff says, there's plenty more stuff we could "check".

Again, what are you trying to determine? I'm not sure what LiteYear would charge to "just assemble a simple rig and monitor voltages and currents over the operating range," buy I'll bet dollars to doughnuts is more that you're going to pay. Moreover, doing a 600V VBCEO test is a non-trivial task, if you want to make sure you don't kill the part.

TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

If you have Qty "12" of the exact same part number, then any handyman could swap them around to see if the failure follows the modules or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back